- 9035 views
DOWNEY – The Rancho Los Amigos Foundation and the Los Amigos Research & Education Institute will present an all-star lineup of renowned doctors from Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center who will speak during the Third Annual Rancho Women’s Conference on Healthy Aging (Mind, Body, Spirit).
The event will be held on Friday, October 26 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Rio Hondo Event Center.
“We hear throughout the year from women who have adopted healthier lifestyles that fit their individual needs after attending this conference,” said Conference Chair Yaga Szlachcic, MD. “If you want to learn about your own health and have fun doing it, this conference is for you!”
“We are providing this conference on vital healthy aging issues for women at no charge again this year,” Dr. Szlachcic said. “This event has been packed the first two years, and we expect the same this year, so I would recommend that anyone who wishes to attend should make their reservation soon.”
To RSVP for the conference, email email@example.com or call (562) 508-9518.
“This year’s conference will be quite interactive, with question-and-answer sessions following each 20-minute presentation,” Dr. Szlachchic said. “The conference attendees will have the opportunity to sit at round tables with the speakers so they can interact with them during breaks.”
“Each conferee will also have an opportunity to create their own ‘Personal Plan for Better Health’ based on what is learned, discussed and practiced at this amazing Women’s Health Conference,” said event organizer Madonna Cavagnaro. “We think this will be very meaningful and a lot of fun for all of us.”
“We are all dealing with the effects of aging,” Dr. Szlachcic said. “We believe the ‘Personal Plan for Better Health’ will be a very effective way for conference attendees to take away plans for improving or maintaining their health, so that they in essence will begin creating a personal road map for healthier aging.”
Conference Speakers Include:
* Mindy Aisen, MD, Rancho’s Chief Medical Officer, who will serve as the MC for the event and comment about issues affecting women with disabilities
* Yaga Szlachcic, MD, Chair of Rancho’s Department of Medicine, who will speak about preparing your heart for healthy aging
* Amytis Towfighi, MD, Chair of Rancho’s Department of Neurology, who will speak on stroke prevention in women
* Rashmi Desai MD, Rancho Internal Medicine physician, who will speak on how meditation helps in age-related issues
* Sylvia Shaw, MD, Rancho’s Chief of Endocrinology, who will speak on what every woman needs to know about metabolic syndrome
* Stefan Bughi, MD, Rancho Chief of Patient Safety, who will speak on the role of minerals and supplements and healthy aging
* Terrie DeBord, DDS, Rancho’s Chief, Dentistry, who will speak on how to preserve a healthy smile
Conference attendees will also learn adaptive mind, body and spirit exercises such as yoga, meditation and Zumba.
Event sponsors include Primary Care Critical Medical Group; Sodexo; Coloplast; Rancho Wellness Center; LA Coalition for Women; Rio Hondo Event Center; and Rancho Faculty Medical Associates, Inc.
“We created this conference so that once a year, the women of our community could get together and talk about health issues that are truly important to us,” Dr. Szlachic said. “We are excited to again share our ideas and spend quality time with a group of wonderful women as we learn about strategies for healthy aging that we can put into practice in our own lives.”
Published: October 11, 2012 – Volume 11 – Issue 26