Happy New Year! Let’s get those dreams, visions and goals materialized!
A few weeks ago, the ladies from Super Mamás invited me as a guest for their first ever vision board posada (holiday potluck) held at the Munchkin headquarters. What a wonderful experience. I met people from all walks of life. Some at the height of their careers and others just beginning. Everyone had one thing in common: the drive for continued success.
So, what is it that propels us to achieve what seems impossible? Allow me to break it down for you.
1. A clear objective – When you’re shooting arrows at everything that moves it’s difficult to hit your target.
2. Realistic time frame – Yes, excitement will get the best of us. We presume that our great idea will take one day to be the best invention ever. Remember, great things take time and lots of patience.
3. Lots of Willpower – Yup, willpower will continuously push you through ‘perceived” obstacles. Without proper will power there is no action! No action = No materialization
These three main ingredients are the recipe for continued success. Today we’re going to focus on creating a clear objective. Without an objective, you’re shooting the precious arrows towards anything that moves. This is a waste of your time, effort, energy and resources. Make a commitment today to stop this habit.
• The fun begins! Grab a 22”x 28” (size optional) poster board from the Dollar Tree or craft shop.
• Grab a pencil and paper and jot down all the ideas that come to your mind. What do you want to accomplish in 2017? No idea is too small or grand.
• When you are done visually scan your paper. Select no more than three objectives at a time taking in consideration the three key ingredients mentioned earlier. Practice self-honesty on this one. No one but you will know the answer, not even Google
• Collect newspapers, magazines and/or printouts. Begin by cutting out words, phrases and images that reflect your three chosen objectives. Nothing is off limits here!
• Begin gluing the cutouts to form your objectives on the poster board. When done place your vision board preferably on a north wall (the majority of materialization energy emanates from this node) and within your eye sight.
Every time life kicks in and you feel like giving up we will be reminded of our commitment to the objectives with a single glance of the vision board. Our hearts will palpitate joyously, the mind will respond with the proper intelligence and the will power will be recharged and empowered to overcome whatever obstacles are in front of us.
Each time an objective is fulfilled give thanks to whomever you pray to. In its place add another objective and repeat throughout the year.
Have a question regarding this article or maybe you’d like to suggest a topic? Write to me at: email@example.com. Next article we will talk about Karma.
Marcela A. Arrieta is an alternative modality practitioner with over five years of experience in this field. She is also a successful entrepreneur who resides in Downey.