CERRITOS – Residents with household incomes of $53,000 or less can receive free tax preparation and filing services Thursday, April 2, at ABC Adult School in Cerritos. The services are offered through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
Appointments are required by calling (562) 861-5803.
Residents should bring:
- a valid photo ID;
- social security card or individual taxpayer identification number for dependents to be listed on the tax return;
- all 2014 income statements (W-2’s, 1099’s, social security, etc.);
- bank account and routing number for direct deposit;
- receipts for childcare and daycare expenses and the provider’s ID number;
- tuition fees and expenses (1098-Ts, receipts, etc.);
- landlord’s name, phone number and address for California renter’s credit;
- and a copy of prior year’s tax return, if possible.
The free tax program is being promoted by California State Controller Betty Yee and Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia.
Published: March 12, 2015 - Volume 13 - Issue 48