Obamacare

Dear Editor:Today, insurance companies have to set aside 65 percent for claims and 45 percent for salaries, administration costs, etc. Obamacare will require they set aside 85 percent for claims, leaving just 15 percent for salaries, administration costs and taxes, which will virtually wipe out private insurance companies and force us to buy government insurance. Some say they will move to Costa Rica with doctors and hospitals who refuse to accept the 21 percent cut in Medicare payments and more taxes. There are as many as three times more people who have survived cancer and other major operations in the U.S. than in Canada and other countries. With tens of thousands of our doctors and hospitals closing, where will we find quality treatment then? Eighty-four hospitals closed in 2009 before Obamacare, how many will close because of it? Like they say, if it isn't broken, fixing it will make it worse, as we will see. - James Hawkins, Downey

********** Published: April 2, 2010 - Volume 8 - Issue 50