Social security

Dear Editor:Has anyone else noticed a name change for your Social Security direct deposits? My deposits now read "Federal Benefit Deposit." The words "Social Security Deposit" is no more. Am I supposed to be grateful for a "benefit" when I paid into the system for 40 years? Something is afoot. -- Doreen Lorand, Downey

********** Published: March 08, 2012 - Volume 10 - Issue 47