- 869 views
UPDATE: a 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged with deploying a destructive device causing great bodily injury.
A 4-year-old Downey boy was hurt last night after a bottle of dry ice he found exploded in his hands.
The boy was with family members for recreational soccer at Paramount High School at about 7:50 p.m. when he found a soda bottle filled with dry ice, authorities said. As the boy ran across the baseball field holding the bottle, the dry ice exploded, causing minor abrasions to his chest and arms.
Paramedics took the boy to a local hospital, where he was treated and released.
Authorities are trying to find out who left the dry ice on the field. Anyone with information is asked to call Sheriff’s detectives at (323) 881-7500.