- 1801 views
Councilman Mario Guerra denied speculation today that he is considering a run for the L.A. County Board of Supervisors, saying he is “100 percent committed” to his campaign for state Senate.
The Sacramento Bee reported “there was some buzz” that Guerra was preparing to run for county supervisor when Don Knabe is termed out in 2016. The item was picked up by L.A. Observed on Wednesday.
Guerra told the Patriot on Thursday he has no plans to pursue a seat on the county board of supervisors. He also denied allegations he is running for state Senate simply to increase his name recognition.
“I don’t do anything for name recognition,” Guerra said. “I am in this senate race 100 percent. I am running for state senate and we are going to win because this race is too important for the state of California.”
Guerra, who last week completed his second stint as Downey mayor, will be termed out of office in December 2014.