James Wagy owned Russell's Bike Shop
DOWNEY - James R. Wagy, 73, passed away Feb. 2 at the VA hospital in Long Beach.He was born and raised in Downey and graduated from Downey High School in 1954. He was a veteran and served in the U.S. Air Force. Wagy was the owner of Russell's Bike Shop until 1981. The shop was founded in 1944 by his parents, Russell and Freda Wagy, pioneers of Downey. He was a longtime member of the Masons, Downey Lodge 220. He is survived by his children, Vicky, Michael and Russell; three grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
********** Published: February 12, 2010 - Volume 8 - Issue 43