Crime Report

Saturday, August 15:

At 5:45 p.m., an underground transformer exploded on Brookshire just south of Firestone, causing a power outage in the area. The explosion also caused a subsequent brush fire on the railroad tracks west of Brookshire. Traffic signals at two intersections on Firestone were knocked out. Ultimately, all traffic on Brookshire between Iowa and Firestone were shut down while DFD extinguished the fire. 

At 10:10 p.m., officers responded to Telegraph and Hasty regarding a report of an adult male subject damaging property. Officers contacted the suspect (a transient) and subsequently discovered that he had damaged a "No Parking" city sign. He was arrested for vandalism. 

During the evening hours, officers conducted extra patrol in the downtown area due to ongoing alcohol related issues. Officers issued 1 citation for public possession of alcohol and 1 traffic citation. 

Sunday, August 16:

At 6:15 p.m., a 30-year-old intoxicated male victim reported that he was walking across the parking lot of the ARCO gas station (9522 Firestone) when an unknown male subject ran him over with a quad motorcycle, causing minor abrasions and complaint of pain. The suspect fled the location on the motorcycle and was not located. The victim does not know why the suspect attacked him and does not think he can identify the suspect if seen again. Detectives are investigating. 

Monday, August 17:

 At 2 a.m., a resident of an apartment in the 11900 block of Lakewood awoke and found the front door to his residence was ajar. He spoke to his wife, who said she closed and locked the front door before they went to bed earlier in the evening. The wife noticed that her purse, which had been hanging inside near the front door, was now missing. Officers discovered her purse in the front yard along with the contents. Missing was an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency. No one was seen and there was no damage or evidence of forced entry to the residence. 

Also at 2 a.m., an adult male was walking from the rear parking lot to his parents' restaurant (Perla Del Mar, 8803 Imperial) when he was attacked by three suspects. He was hit in the head with a blunt object and lost consciousness. When he woke up, he noticed his wallet, shoes, watch and money were missing. The victim was extremely intoxicated, and his injuries were minor. He did not report the incident until approximately 1 hour after it occurred.